Wednesday, September 10, 2014

35 weeks Pregnant


Yes yes yes! Another week has passed. It's always been a celebration of mine every time Tuesday passes by. Today I am 35 weeks and 1 day. I wake up with a heavy heartburn. Last night's blood sugar level was high. I've reached to 154 which I believe was my highest in the record. I went out grab a club bacon ranch sandwhich from Jack in the Box and I ate only half of the bread and my sugar level was in sky rocket. It might have something to do with the food or probably because I was already starving when I ate. After an hour I retested and it went to 136 which was still high and I did some in house jogging in the hopes that by morning my sugar will be stabilize. So I wake up and my sugar is at 91. Not that bad, but not good in my range. I have to be less than 90. It means I will raise up my insulin dosage tonight to 7u. As the weeks getting closer to the big day, my sugar level is acting up too.


Anyway, to sum for the week. Baby's ultrasound last week was okay. Yanis is still below the 3 percentile which I was hoping he could a little catch up some bit. But his interval growth follows what he has been doing for months which was not very surprising for the doctors. This somehow could mean that my induction will be push through on the 16th. I wasn't hoping for the 36 week but otherwise I would love to be on the 37th week so I could get full term and at least baby could grow more and I could spend time with him on my belly. Yet, when I talked to Dr. W yesterday, the date is set and everything. Hubby isn't thrilled to have a Virgo baby. He wants a Libra. Maybe we could persuade one doctor to move to a 37 by our next appointment this thursday but I wonder how powerful we could convince our plea. 


Somehow, my taste buds are not really good. My first trimester symptom came back. Good at least, I don't have nausea. The after taste is just awful. But I still eat what I want in moderation. Though, sugary food isn't possible yet. I tried to avoid it as possible. The least I could get is drinking soda and tea. I tried eating cheesecake too but somehow it elevated my sugar level and it increased my insulin dosage so I have to really watch on food. The hormones are just getting my way of eating the food I want but I know one day this will be over. Just to have more patience about it. 

Energy is up and down. There could be one day I am okay and at times I am feeling tired. The only times I noticed getting tired is when my sugar level goes up. I could be tired, thirsty and will be peeing more. Having gestational diabetes is a challenge to undertake. 

As for baby, Yanis is very responsive. Every time I asked him for a kick, though he might not response right away if his not awake but eventually he will get to me with a kick or movement. I really am satisfied with his favor and I have no doubt he will be fine during labor. The concern of IUGR babies is that during labor they don't like it. Dr. W is trying to tell me in advance the possibility of having C Section in case baby is having difficulty. I am hoping not to get one and I am convincing baby Yanis to really be strong for me on the big day. I hope we could both achieve our goal.

So this is it.. this might be my last post for now or not. Will wait and see what happen next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment