Monday, January 28, 2013

First Acupuncture

I have read a few times about this topic through an online fertility community. It never really came to my mind about considering doing the treatment. I was only interested when my doctor suggested to do acupuncture since most of her patient are doing it together with IUI. She recommended a website. I tried to get a hold of that clinic by email but I didn't get to hear from them until today. Too late for that I already found another clinic. I was a bit skeptical though about what the doctor had suggested but she even said she never tried with it only her patient do. I searched online what the reviews look like and it wasn't that great so glad I didn't bother doing it with what the doctor had suggested.

Also recently, DH suggested that it's better for us to skip 2-3 cycle. It's way too long I know but I believe in preparing the body and mind in order to get better result. And honestly, with just one treatment of IUI last December the side effects of Clomid and Ovidrel for me wasn't great. Hopefully, by the time hubby is ready we will do the second IUI. It probably be sometime early week of April depending if AF would come early and with no problem. My cycle is a bit long 33-37 and worst it comes down to over 50 days.

For now, DH and I will be doing the natural process. It's not guaranteed but what matter's most is that we will enjoy our time together. It's a little bit frustrating last month when we were both like in a rush.

In the meantime while waiting for the next 2 cycle, I will do treatment for acupuncture. I had my first session last Saturday. I was indeed scared of needles but I did it. Honestly, I didn't dare to look at the needles when it was stuck to my belly, legs and head. I layed flat on the bed looking at the ceiling and relaxing to the tune of classical music. It was actually pretty relaxing.

After an hour with also treating the lower back and upper back pain, I made it. Somehow I had so much pain on the lower back. I got deeper pain on my pelvic, the needle stuck a bit deeper. I had the discomfort with the session but I trusted the doctor's procedure. I was warned that it will be sore after. It did. But it wasn't too bad. After a day, it was gone. One session won't do it. I will be getting more more depending on my insurance maximum limit for the year.

But the infertility was great. It helped calm by butterfly stomach and bloat. There was pressure release. My body started to feel light after the session. I can't believe it. I was so glad I did it.

I will do another session again this week and I am also considering taking herbs from the clinic. This clinic I had found was through luck when I searched online and this doctor had so many successful story in the case of infertility. Why not trying the natural process if there's a chance? Cost less and no side effects. Just trying my luck, who knows it might be effective!



2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you enjoyed your first acupuncture treatment, and very eager for the next one. Just believe that it will work; you know, mind over matter. There's no harm in trying, and the idea that it is an alternative treatment should make you worry less. Anyway, I hope that it will really work for you!

    -Laverne Bodnar @ USHealthWorks.com/Sacramento-Downtown-Center

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laverne: After the first try, I did 5 more. It didn't work as to getting pregnant but what I can say is, it really help me relax and my blood test result months after did come out great. I guess it help me and all but find out it wasn't me has the problem. It's confirmed that the husband is the sole root cause why it's hard to get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete