Tuesday, January 15, 2013

IUI Experience - Dec 29

I had my IUI done today. It was pretty quick. The start was kind off. We got to the clinic 5 minutes before schedule and hubby hurried to get his specimen.

We didn't find the office of the doctor so we were actually late. We had to ask the lab and family medicine where it is. The reception at the latter called in to the office and we now went to where it was and checked in.

Hubby almost argue if they will going to cancel because of our late arrival. Good thing we were okay.

The nurse right away asked for the specimen. She went inside gave it to another person and tested.

10 minutes after I was called in. I didn't watch my time because I don't want to get anxious. My partner on the other hand was pissed off and very anxious if his sample was good enough.

Anyway, I got in to the room and the nurse took my bp 116 over 72. Normal. My weight was 113. Hmm guess I lost weight with no exercise. Sure this infertility treatment is kicking in.

It took us sometime inside to wait for the doctor. It sure does something to do with the specimen. After awhile don't know how long we've waited, the doctor came in and we shake hands and introduced ourselves. The on-call doctor said it was not the best specimen but has normal count and okay to use for the procedure.

She asked me to check the label if it's mine and explain to me what it is for. A catheter with the specimen which my name was on it.

With half waste naked, I spread my legs and put my feet on the foot rest. A speculum was inserted like those used in pap smear. She located my cervix and asked if I have some pain but I said yes.  Though I felt the pain, I whispered to myself don't be a coward just bare it. I didn't make complains anymore so she she could proceed which she did right away. She released the little fella and ask them to swim and do their job. It was so quick, I've realized 10 minutes was fast enough to do it.

After she told me to lay down if I want. She said there's no need to but I prefer to relax myself so I've waited 15 minutes. She turned off the lights and hubby and I was talking inside thinking and looking at those photo cards of successful babies.

Right now its 2:40pm. 30 mins ago I peed and saw my pad with a red light bleed. I saw one small blood drop when I peeped. Some light too when I wiped.

I read that's it's normal. I wish and pray.

I had some cramping but I'm okay. Im quite tired. I had headache, achy throat and I think I'm about to have colds but I'm fighting for it. I dont want to get sick when im trying to have a baby.

I wish myself goodluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment