Tuesday, December 31, 2013

First Lupron Shot

I got my package of medicine last Friday in the morning. MDR is doing a good job on fast delivery. I recognize that effort. I hope they will also follow up on my other medicines that are still pending for approval right now. I will be start stimming on the 10th and I am hoping that it's going to be okay. I spoke with Kim on thursday and she said we still have the time to follow up and she's thinking it will be fine. I hope and pray.

Anyway, last night was my first shot. I didn't administer nor did the measuring of medicines. Instead, my husband who's the know it all wanted to do everything. He doesn't want me to do but he asked for my knowledge and understanding base on the class we took. So his not know it all then lol.. But anyway, he did prep the medicine and after I laid on the couch. He swabbed an alcohol on the right side of the belly 2 fingers from the naval. When the alcohol dried up, he stuck the needle and I felt the pinch. He did good but I was scared when I felt the pain and the medicine running through my veins. He released and I was relieved. It was quick though. I was just scared. I never looked at it because hubby doesn't want me to. He knows I am scared like hell lol.. Damn, it's just day 1 for a 2 week injection. Man! It did sting though but after few minutes I was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment