Saturday, August 23, 2014

32 Weeks and 4 days


I have a late updating my status for the week. On Monday, I did an NST with Dr. W. She was so happy to see me at the same time her words where not that encouraging because she said 'Happy to see you, you're still pregnant'. What do they expect me to have the baby early? I am not really so enthusiast on that praise but on the positive side of course it's a good thing to hear that I've reached to this point having still my baby in the cozy womb.

Then I did another NST with her on Thursday which baby is showing really good with the result. Baby is active and kicking and there's no lower number this time. Though I've seen the lows 109 it wasn't that low compare the other times when the machine got to an error or read 70 which scared the hell out of me. Anyway, so we did passed on that. I was relief.

 

Later on that afternoon, I saw my nutritionist and reviewed my glucose chart which somehow lead me to an end result of having to take an insulin. She said all of my daytime numbers are pretty good and I am eating pretty well. The problem was the fasting number. It goes as high as 106 which was above the reading I got when I was diagnosed at 24 weeks of 95. That's a high number and it needs attention. So she referred me to an Endocrinologist the following day.

So Friday which was yesterday, I saw the Endo Dr and she was pretty nice. Did the exam on my skin and all and she said that I am looking good and uterus is the size as normal. She mentioned about the doctor's concerned on the diagnosis of baby being small she said that Asian are really small and their charts are based on white so most likely we would fall into the small or lower chart. She told me not to worry about it and we just have to make sure that the baby is healthy.

She went with the process on how to inject the insulin and give me advice not to lower my carb intake or change my food eating style now since it really work for me. Just have to maintain it and watch how we could progress with insulin on the fasting reading. After I went home, grab some snacks and went to Walgreens to get my prescription.

Later on that day I went to the the Growth Scan with MFM. The result was hadlock is lower than 3 percentile which was not we wanted but in comparison to his growth the last 2 weeks it's his normal range. Weight is a little off but his growing. Placenta resistance is normal and Dr. W a doctor which we just met said to administer steriod which we were not really happy about but before that drastic move she called Dr. D our supposed to be doctor that day and said no. Baby's growth is normal with his status. Had a NSt done again to make sure baby is normal and doing okay. He was okay. So we were let go and no hospitalization needed. Damn doctors, that scared the hell out of us!

So this is my week, a lot of appointments and monitoring but baby is fine. We are both fine!

1 comment:

  1. Need To Boost Your ClickBank Banner Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your picked ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete