Saturday, August 2, 2014

BPP and NST Test 29th week

I did my first BPP in the morning at the maternal fetal medicine department. Arrived on time though parking was a hectic. I was almost not able to make it on time. Check in at the front and still waited for another 15 minutes. My name called in and what they normally do. Get your BP and BP pressure and weight then they let you wait again for sometime.

I got it to the exam room 12noon already. Baby is already sleeping when they had them checked on him. They poked him several times and baby was not so active. Looking at the screen I was kind of nervous whether his alive or something but his just sleeping and won't cooperate that well. But I saw his heart is beating 130 something. He normal is at 146 but his sleeping so he in his 130s. Several pokes done, he was able to make his movement. Saw his breathing as well. I was relief. For a moment, I was so nervous.

Later before 30 minutes, Dr K came in to check and she already read and saw the movements of the baby. She did her own test as well. Everything is stable as she said and placenta is not getting worst which they expect it to go wrong. No change as to what my plan schedule for testing for the coming weeks.

After leaving the facility, head straight to Burger King. Yeah right! No choice, fastfood is not good for gestational diabetes patient but I have no time to find something healthy. Grab some fish fillet eat just half of the bread and eat a portion of french fries. Kiss my honey goodbye after lunch since he can't make it to go with me on my next appointment. I went and drive to the other location for my NST.

Arrived at the building, worried about my sugar level. Instead of using the elevator, I gravitate to walk the stairs. That would make use some of the calories I just ate. Checked in and the nurse gave me a sample container went to the bathroom and did my stationary walk inside for 3 minutes. After doing some of the business, went back to the waiting room. I was able to get to test my blood while waiting and yes blood sugar level went down. Then after 3 minutes, I was called in just about time. Perfect!

The NST went okay. There were glitches when the machine can't read baby's heartbeat and literally it dropped to 90bmp. I was scared like hell. I didn't know what to do. I was thinking is baby will going to be okay or what. But yeah, it happens when baby moves, the machine can't pickup the vibration. It took me 40 minutes to stay in the room because Doctor had to double check his okay. There were 2 actually big flat zero reading and that moment made me scared. But he was okay. I know he was because he was moving and all of a sudden the machine just went blank. Also, the band was too tight on me and when I readjusted it the baby was perfectly fine and the machine did pickup the heartbeat with no problem. Next time, I have to make sure it's not too tight. Lesson learned! But I thought it won't affect the baby's heartbeat yet now I know baby doesn't like it. Will make it to a point next time.

So I guess, everything is fine for now. Thanking God for listening to my prayer and Mama Mary for understanding my heart's concern. Until next Friday test!

No comments:

Post a Comment