Wednesday, August 14, 2013

7dpo

This cycle has been good to me except on the new symptoms, Nausea. I thought what I had on 2dpo will only going to be that day but it happen again on Saturday night with vomiting (3dpo) and on Sunday (4dpo) early dawn where I woke up with a painful cramps from stomach to thighs, nausea without vomit and lbm. I even asked my new RE on Monday during my consultation if it has something to do with high progesterone level but I've got no answer from him. Anyway, back to symptoms.. I had lbm and slightly painful cramps at 5:45am today. Is it implantation or is it a sign that AF will be happening in a week.

***************

Before I could forget, let me just tell you the experience on my first consultation with the new RE. I was scheduled at 10am Aug 12 in a clinic here in San Jose. It's a bit farther than my usual visit with my OB so I had taken a buffer on the distance and driving minutes. I got there 20 minutes, registered and pay $20. Wait for another 10 minutes and was called in to the consultation room.

Dr. A came a little bit late but when he came, he introduced himself and shake both of our hands and went straight to business. He spoke a little bit faster than average. Very informative discussion and insights. I can't tell all the details but bottom line is, I need to do some of the test again like hormone, semen analysis, physical exam, etc. as a baseline. Those tests will deplete my insurance coverage. I only have 15k lifetime maximum with a 5k/year infertility medicine. I already had spent $3600 for 2 IUI's with tests. Now, I have to do another tests again which doesn't even goes to IVF treatments. So it could mean if we do IVF, we will be putting our own hard money whatever the remaining amount to cover what our insurance can't. Hubby will going to discuss that with a financial consultant soon so we could figure the best money we could do and afford to have a baby.

Once I was done with Dr. A, we went to the nurse station and Dr. A gave instruction to one nurse but since he was so fast another nurse stepped in and also write down what he had said. Even I was listening next to him I was perplexed if the nurse get it all. I was not pretty sure about it.

Then the first nurse walked me on the front desk to schedule an appointment. I had no clue exactly what test will be done first. I was asked if I can get in yesterday Aug 13 for a sonohyterogram I said okay. I don't know exactly what it was all about. I thought maybe it's the same as HSG. So okay then I will going to have it.

Later part of the day when I got back to work and able to search online what sonohysterogram is, I felt a sudden panic. I called the laboratory to check their opinion but I didn't get an answer but transferred me to clinic but it was closed. So I just said to myself, to hell with it. I will deal with it tomorrow.

I worked whole morning and finished my reports. I didn't bother to call the clinic anymore. There's no way I could cancel the appointment now. The reason why.. As I read at wikipedia and other medical sites, this test should be done after your period days 5-12. I am on CD21. You have to take Ibuprofen an hour prior to your schedule appointment. I wasn't given any instruction when the staff at the clinic made the appointment.

So you see how my feelings were yesterday. The staff given me no instruction paper nor verbal. This clinic is a mess... In PAMF Mountain View and Sunnyvale, the nurse and staff are on top of their job. Man, I was disappointed.

Anyway, so I go ahead went to the clinic and registered. I was given an empty cup. Dr. A need my urine test. Okay, went to the bathroom and did it. I read some signs posted no lotion, scented, perfume and other strong odor when visiting the clinic to avoid harmful effects to eggs and sperm collection. I was worried. I wore lotion and little bit of scent. I don't want to mess other people's specimen. Now, I know! I tell you. This clinic didn't have no telltale sign of giving good instructions.

I met Dr. K after almost an hour of waiting. He was a charming and soft spoken Doctor. His nice I liked him. I was already waste down naked almost did the test when he asked me "what day are you on your cycle?" I said, "cd21". I got my LH surge + OPK on Aug 7th. Oh no! Now my intuition was right. I should have called that brain dead staff at the desk to cancel the appointment and recheck to the doctor.

Dr. K was so nice to explain to me if we will push through the procedure and it will not going to be good. It will give false result. He asked for an apology for the time I wasted and told me to call the office day 1 of my period. That's what I wanted to know..Damn, I already had taken Ibuprofen. I know deep in my heart I don't want to take it but I was afraid if I don't and if somehow they will decide to push through it, I will be in total pain. I was worried what if I already conceived.

Dr. K then walked me to the nurse station and provide me the lists of clinic that I could use for my blood test. I asked where and when to schedule the semen analysis and the staff gave me number for the lab and outside the clinic I called hubby and told him what an awful day had been and asked him if he could call the lab so he can make an appointment for his test but I ended up calling the lab later on and get an appointment next week.

So that's it. I have to wait all my tests are done until I could see Dr. A again. Until then, hopefully wishing that tests are fine and we can do the procedure not later than October.



No comments:

Post a Comment