Thursday, March 27, 2014

9 Vials What?

I went to have my blood drawn yesterday at a facility near where I live for the Pre Screening Test. I choose the location closer to home and I did it after work. While I was on my car heading towards the place, I put some lipstick on because I knew I could turn pale. Needles and empty vials just scares the hell out of me. Thank goodness for my pink lippie.

I walked to the building look for the laboratory sign. Filipino nurse greeted me and took my paperwork. Asked me if there are any tests needed from my doctor. I told her to look at my profile. She wrote something and asked me to wait until someone call my name.

An old lady Filipino nurse called my name after 5 minutes, she showed me my seat. While she was preparing I was scared like hell. I saw like 5 empty vials already in the seat. What oh no! That's a lot. Then she turned again to the list and counted 4 more vials in total 9. YES can you think of a number 9?? I double check the nurse twice and asked if she's sure the lists were for me. Yup, saw the document I brought and the lists that was printed out. That's a lot to take in for one blood draw..

I told her I've never experience taking that so much blood. She checked on my right arm, veins seems so small. Tap it several times and make sure to get a clear view of the veins, don't show up the way she wanted it. Transfer to my left, clean with the alcohol swab and it's on.

She injected, hit my vein, I didn't panic but it sting a little bit. One vial at a time, I could hear her replacing from one empty vial to the other. I just closed my eyes not moving at all, sitting still. Never look back as to how many was already done and filled up. I just pray that it will be over and the nurse was really great. She was fast doing it because she saw me bit my lip with closed eyes.

Anyway, that was it. It was not that long. I will wait for 10 days for the result as what the paper say. I pray that all the test come back all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment