Sunday, March 23, 2014

First OB Appointment

I had my appointment with Dr. W last thursday at 4:30pm. Their office was no longer the same place I went to but they moved to another location. The new place was really nice and a little closer than the previous site. When I checked in, the front desk was adamant of me not getting early because I was supposed to fill up paper work but I never got a call from them except an email reminder about my appointment. There was no instruction that I have to fill up some documents. Anyway, I went with answering all the questionnaire on time when the nurse called my name. She's still the same nurse I was familiar when I was with Dr. W last year.

So then she put me to the scale machine I weighed 121.5lbs. Asked my prepregnancy weight and I told her 119.8lbs. Not bad for being 2 months pregnant. Then measured my height of course still the same what else is new? lol.. After we went to the exam room. Asked me several questions, got my BP and get undressed.

Doctor W came like 10 minutes and for us waiting in an uncomfortable room where the aircon was not on. So much so I did complain about being so hot. Being pregnant does give you a warm body temp. Still, waiting until she came with her pleasant voice and welcoming gesture. She's happy that we finally got pregnant and she did a quick ultrasound. Baby measured 10weeks and 1 day. So only a day behind. Which she said pretty much now normal. That put me to low risk. We were so happy to hear the good news.

Then I was instructed to get dressed and see her in the office to discuss further more about the next plan and the course of action. There are much to dig in. And we think we got it all. She handed us documents, instructions and handguide what to expect during pregnancy. I love how efficient their office is. I can tell right away what to do next.

So next thing to do is to have a screening test and NT scan. With my age have to do it. Even before she asked us we've already talked about it so I signed up right away for the blood test which I will take next week. And hopefully no problem with the NT scan schedule.

That's it guys! My OB is great and our due date for the little one is OCTOBER 14.



No comments:

Post a Comment