Tuesday, July 8, 2014

26 week Pregnant


So much stuff going on, gestational diabetes meaning eating a well balanced diet. It's hard to follow what other people are doing. I don't have my own set of meal plans yet. I haven't attended a class yet. In a day or two, I will know the most accurate overview of the disease and what plans to take in the next coming months.

I had a hard time coping with having the disease. Well, genetically both my parents has both. Eventually, in later life I could probably have diabetes but I wasn't expecting it to be this kind of early especially have so much complications of my pregnancy already. I didn't anticipate it actually but it dawned on me that yeah this is it. I have to take it in.

For the past week, I have a struggle of what to eat. I am ending up so hungry. I feel like I don't eat enough and my food intake is not balanced at all. Just for the past day or two, I found this blogger online and saw the post about her meal plan. I tried to copy it and starting today, I feel some change on my body. I hope this can make it work. Every body is different and so it's always trial and error about the food and what kind.

Heartburn is also my draw back. It's so hard for me to feel normal. I always have it everyday. Maybe, I don't walk enough. Doc only recommended 3o minutes a day. I tried to do more, but my contraction does bother me. So it's really difficult to do more. I am just glad the contraction goes slow now. It wasn't as active like the 2 weeks previously where the pain was so unbearable.

I am have been sleeping past 10 now. It's really good and that means I could have more energy. I also could nap in the afternoon because I only work part time now. It really help my body and I feel like the baby too.

About my baby's excitement, well there was one morning when he was awake. I was still on bed trying to feel his movement and kicks. I experimented to tap my belly once and twice or thrice if he can respond. He did. I was so impressed.. Hubby noticed me while doing it and it was his first time to feel the baby's kicks. He was so happy. Even at 26 weeks, my baby is very responsive. His such a good boy.

I am looking forward for my next appointment this coming Friday. I hope the doc will be happy again and if she's happy hubby and I won't worry anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment