Monday, July 21, 2014

Betamethasone Shot

I went for an appointment on Friday for my Biophysical Checkup of the baby. So happy that baby is very responsive and so active. It took the technician so easily without telling him to move and such because prior to the time schedule his been kicking and punching. I am so glad that it went out fast.

I saw another Dr. which I haven't seen before. That's just the bad thing with the Maternal Fetal Medicine Department is that you will never know who's going to be the doctor on duty. We wanted to see the previous doctor who went through our file more detailed but I guess it's just the way how the office runs. Have to tolerate the doctor that is on duty. But so far, the doctor who reviewed my baby was nice. She even have the time to discuss to us what's really going on and what the concern was all about. She told us, that my placenta is in the normal stage restriction but above the normal of 75%. Mine does run on the 87%. They want to observe how this restriction would go on. In the normal scale, pregnant woman with a normal flow runs in the 50-75%. Mine does go over above it. If it happens, that mine does run on the 90's, I will be hospitalized for monitoring. I am praying so hard that day wouldn't come and that hopefully with God's miracle power he could heal my placenta and it will be running to normal so baby can get all the nutrients he can get and grow more.

Anyway, I was supposed to have a Betamethasone shot at 5pm in the hospital. The doctor at the facility courteously move and arrange to have the shot done instead at their facility and arrange another shot at the hospital the next day. It really saved us the time. So we waited for another 30 minutes until the nurse can get all the concoction ready for the shot. Then I was called in, go to a small room sat down and hubby was there on my left seating with just an ordinary chair. There's the NST machine too to monitor the baby's movement and heartbeat. This machine will give all facts how the baby is doing. If they baby wouldn't move for the next 20 minutes, it's a red flag so they have to watch on it. They nurse administer the shot on my left butt check, sounds fancy! She's a very good nurse. I felt the pinch but the medicine didn't really burn like I was expecting. Rubbed my butt and I was done. Then I just laid there for 20 minutes until the machine can run down some numbers on the baby. After the session, baby passed with no problem and heartbeat average of 140bmp. Hubby and I prayed so hard that his going to be fine and he did.

The next day, I went to the hospital before 4pm. Checked in to the front desk and the nurse had a few questions because I didn't went directly to them yesterday because the doctor the previous day changed our plan so we have to file some paperwork from the hospital. Hubby did all the filing out information and I just affixed my signature. The nurse then put to an exam room and laid in bed. Strapped me with the band to monitor baby and contraction. Will be doing another NST again. Minutes passed she came back to give me the 2nd Betamethasone shot. It went to my right check butt. Damn, it hurts. She was fast but hurt like hell. Only just a few seconds, after that it went away. It's not the same kind of pain I used to have with Menopur. That was painful.

She left for a few minutes and came back with some questions on the paper document. Answer all there is for them to know. She then asked me if I want water or something and yeah of course I want one. That butt shot is painful lol.. She came back and then left for another 15 minutes. Then when the times up for 20 minutes, she read the findings and baby passed. We went home so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment