Monday, July 21, 2014

First Nutritionist Appointment

I had my appointment last week on Wednesday. I haven't said anything about it because for me I was really perfectly doing normal. Aside from the eating a lot and more lol.. Well, actually the carb monitoring did help me feeling so normal and energetic. I don't feel hungry again and the heartburn does go away.

I came to the appointment at 3pm. I was on time and the nutritionist was on time too. She's very nice. Reviewed all my measurements and what kind of food I was eating. She said I am doing good but have to take more carbs. My total average is 101 and they want to go up as 106. Hmm, more carbs and good for the baby. Having to eat is really a struggle. I am not used to eating 6x a day. But if it's good for the baby, then have to watch it then.

So here's the plan:

Carbs budget:
Breakfast - 30 carbs
Snacks - 30 carbs
Lunch - 45 carbs
Snacks - 30 carbs
Dinner - 45 carbs
Snacks - 30 carbs

There is a food guide that the facility gave us doing the orientation. So have to watch on certain foods and how I could only take. Actually, it gives me an idea of a good balance diet. Since I have been doing it, there's so much improvement on my body.

Also, after every meal you have to walk 15-20 minutes. I don't walk when I eat snacks. Only on the big meals. I walked more on the evening after dinner. Sometimes, I can't eat the after dinner snacks because hubby and I ate late. So to compensate the snack loss, I take the time so consume it during the afternoon or early evening before getting a big portion for dinner. It does work for me though.

Here's my typical

Breakfast:
2 Hard boiled eggs
1-2 Slice Wheat Bread
1 Tbsp Cheese spread
2 Turkey Bacon or Ham or Turkey Patty
(no milk and fruits - not good for bfast)

Snacks:
1 Slice bread with 1 Tbsp cheese spread or peanut butter and 1c Fat Free Milk Organic
or
1 small apple with peanut butter and 1c Milk
or
Any fruit, 9 pcs of peanuts, 5 saltine crackers and 2 slices of cheese

Lunch:
2 slice of wheat bread, protein ( chicken or ham or whatever is leftover meat from dinner ), lettuce salad with light dressing, 1c fruits, 1/2 milk

Snacks:
Peanut butter with 1/2 slice bread, fruits
or
chicken with slice bread, 1/2 c jicama, and fruits and peanuts
(do this twice in the afternoon, just mixing up it and maybe eating less if im not hungry just to fill up some carbs)

Dinner:
veges with protein, slice bread and fruits

My next appointment will be on July 30. My schedule is so hectic these days. Have to keep on watching my calendar for doc appointment.

By the way, the Betamethasone shot did wacked my sugar level. I went as high as 152 on my second shot. But I think it's tolerable. It went down but my fasting is still a little high above my normal. If it won't go down tomorrow, I will email my nutritionist on that if it's okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment