Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Severe IUGR with Gestational Diabetes (27 weeks Pregnant)

After the devastated appointment, still take the time to take a souvenir shot for the day!
My precious baby is diagnosed with severe IUGR last week. My primary OB confirmed about the test result that happened last week so she want to make sure that we understood everything what is going on. It is hard to believe that after all I've done, there's just a question mark why the baby's growth is very low. There was no evidence of placenta issue based on the doppler. What my OB said that after the baby is born, they will send to pathology the placenta to see why and how it affected the baby's growth. But for now, all we have is a mystery. His growing but falling to the normal scale. His down to 3.5% percentile. Last month was on 10% so it's a bit of a drastic change and they advised for steriod shot to prepare for his lung in case of early delivery.


I wasn't crying anymore to hear this news nor read about it. Because, I already accepted the fact that there's something wrong with his growth. Along the way, we don't know where it come from but as long as his okay down there and no sign of distress, he can stay as much as he want to. But if his falling more and more, they will take him out in any point and in any time. I haven't packed my hospital bag. I have no crib. I just have his normal clothes which if his going to be a preemie wont fit him very good. 


Hubby and I discussed that we should prepare now in the next 2 weeks. There's much to do in the house and to get rid of. I don't know when is the day it's going to happen. I could deliver my baby soon. I wish and pray that his going to be okay and grow if it's his right time. 

Aside from my baby's growth problem, I have my own problem to deal with my gestational diabetes. I am put on a diet now to observe how my carb intake will do to my body. I have 3 spike for this week. I will see my nutritionist tomorrow and look at how I have been eating. Today's appointment I am 133.5. I lost 1.5 for this month. I cut away sweets and lower my carbs so that could be the reason. 

I don't know what's going to happen. I am excited at the same time devastated and sad that this is what's happening. Even if I am going through all this, I am happy that I have a baby boy who will be just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment