Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Egg Retrieval Experience

(Wrote 12:13)

I just came home from the retrieval. I'm woozy at this time and tired. I don't feel any pain yet under so I hope it will stay that way. The only complaint I have is my left vein arm from the IV.

I arrived at the clinic 7:20. Sign documents and proceed to the surgical department where the nurse instructed me. I was in bed 4 near the bathroom. There was one patient ahead of me on my left and I only heard them whispering in the background nor not paying on their conversation. Ms my first nurse have me asked questions medical protocol and consent signing as we'll with hubby. Later the embryologist came with a laptop and asked if I had reviewed the papers last night and I told her I read a few and might well show us the PowerPoint for clear explanation on the clinical study abot eEva. So what it means is that they will going to monitor the embryos on petrish dish. In one scope it has 12 dish and in every 5 mins they will going to check how it's progressing. It was a cool study so we wanted to participate. It's free and requirement is to have at least 4 for monitoring. I hope I will be a candidate pls lord. I want to see them.

After all the presentation another nurse l came. She will be my nurse in the operating room. Before we went to the OR she assisted me to go to the bathroom to pee. Then after that I went in to the OR.

Inside the OR I saw 2 doctors. On my left dr h and on right nurse l. She put all 3 stats on my chest. Seconds after I don't recall anything. All I know I was dizzy like a head spin and that's it I was gone.

I woke up with Ms voice checking on me and then she got hubby at the waiting area. He came and sat to a chair on my left. After I heard dr A voice informing how many eggs he retrieved. All I just heard was 3. I was not really happy. After knowing that I have my blood pressure on my right I remember I'm already in the recovery room. Then dr h came in to check again How I was doing and that time I can barely know where I am.

I tried to sleep and after I already I'm awake. I asked hubby about the eggs. He said we have 14. Nine matured and 5 small ones. It's grade 3 and that what was they are hoping. Then nurse m take off my IV, went to the bathroom put a pad and minutes later  home feed up by hubby with soap, crackers and Gatorade.

No comments:

Post a Comment