Friday, January 10, 2014

First Night of Stimming

Tonight is the night. I was anxious for this day to come. I wonder what could my first night would be with all 3 medicine.

Before we did the prep and all, with some good luck to our stomach lol. We went to an indian buffett. Eat some little healthy food to start. I didn't eat the mango ice cream that I love in the restaurant. I was thinking of really eating it before we get there but then I've remembered what I read about not to eat ice food during stimming or prior or whatever day it is. I have started doing it since Monday so my heart sank. I saw hubby enjoyed his meal with the yummy delicious mango ice cream. One day ice cream, I will get to you lol. 

So after dinner, came home and get to our business. I get all the supplies of needles and alcohol wipes then medicine. We were prepping the medicine on top of our kitchen table. He first asked about Menopur. Then suddenly he said, he forgot which comes first lol. Brain fart! No maybe his tense too lol. He just don't want to admit. Anyway, I grabbed my ipod touch and viewed youtube on one of the fertility facility that demo the menopur mix. I helped hubby to remember which one goes to the other and after he get it. Our dosage is 1 vial of Menopur and 1cc or 1ml of sodium chloride in short water. Later add in 5 units of Lupron then 225 of Follistim. Yes we did the mix. We studied last night on how to do the mix. Though it wasn't taught to us in class, many patients are already doing the mix of the 3 meds. Why would I suffer to get all 3 shots when I could get 1. Less pain and agony. 

After all medicine are ready to go, I laid on the couch. Pointed hubby where to inject and he stuck me twice. First was when he just touch the needle on my skin not even penetrating I already reacted lol. I was really thinking of so much pain when it's not even started. So he took the shot the 2nd time and I was breathing hard hubby told me not to but the medicine was a little painful so I was breathing on and off. The trick is to hold your breathe until all medicine are in but man I was a little bit of a drama queen. lol.. Tomorrow I will remember not to breathe and just relax my mind.


But you know what, though I was anticipating so much pain. It didn't hurt so much. I remembered my varicella shot last october, that was painful. I thought IVF meds can do the same but it didn't. Now my fears are gone. It's not so bad. All I want from now on is hoping my ovary can produce more and make good quality eggs and as well hope that hubby's production of spermies are good as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment